Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fox 2 News Review


I watched Fox 2 News on Sunday night. I chose Fox 2 because I enjoy their reporters and the layout to their newscast. The new was taken from source, meaning they gathered news from people who were involved in the news story. I think there were two or three different stories that pertained to a national scope or for entertainment. I almost feel dumb talking about diversity because it's something I don't have a problem with, but I realize a lack of it exists. Fox 2's Sunday night newscast was hosted by two black news anchors. I don't think there is any newscast in St. Louis that can boast that. The stories covered were all trending topics of the community that everyone could relate to. There were stories concerning the rain, Halloween, and finances. All of the stories reported were covered fairly and gave people affected a chance to voice their concerns. There was no media bias or personal bias injected into an part of the newscast. Any language that may be considered "loaded" came from quotes of people involved in the story. Overall I felt as though the organization of the news was really well presented and was current with anyone in the viewing area.

No comments:

Post a Comment